Layman Explanation of the role
Standard Job Description
- Prioritizing user experience
- Production and maintenance of websites and web application user interfaces
- Creating tools that enhance interaction with the site in any browser
- Implementing design for mobile sites
- Experience in Open source front end frameworks like Bootstrap, Angular, React,
- Implementing Cross browser web applications
- Experience using and implementing REST-ful APIs
- Maintaining software workflow management
- Looking at SEO best practices
- Testing the site for usability and fixing any bugs
- Front End Developers with respect to Microsoft technologies: With above mentioned tech stack – it is good to have .Net exposure, SQL server and ASP.NET core(open source by microsoft), ASP.NET etc.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Prior experience of at least 1 year in Front-end web development
- Good understanding in Software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of end to end web application development
- Knowledge on various front-end frameworks to optimize code and provide creative solutions.
- Understanding of key web design principles.
- Understanding of server-side CSS.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with web-oriented languages like – Ruby ,PHP ,Python.VB.net
- Have thorough understanding of modern browser features such as service workers, web workers, HTTP 2.0 and HTML 5
- Understanding of SEO principles.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
HTML, CSS, Java Script, Angular,React, vue.js ,vb.net, asp.net,ruby on rails, laravel, ember.js,DOM,Backbone, cross browser, bootstrap
Junior Front-End Developer (1 year – 3 years exp): 3LPA – 6LPA
Front-End Developer( 3years – 7 years exp) : 6LPA – 14LPA
Senior-Front End Developer ( 7 years and above) : 11LPA -onwards
1.https://www.linkedin.com/in/imranparkar/ – senior
3.https://www.linkedin.com/in/harekrishna-b8b91b9b/ – mid level
4.https://www.linkedin.com/in/oshinwanjari/ – junior
- Experience in Cross browser functionality?
- Experience in REST API development?
- Knowledge on RESTful Web services?
- Knowledge on Any Front End UI frameworks?
- Knowledge of any programming languages(PHP, Python, C#)
- Unit testing experience?
- Good understanding on server side and Client side workflow?
Glossary of Industry jargons
HTML (Hyper text markup language and CSS are basic programming languages for web development.They are like boxes or containers that hold your web content together on a web page) Latest version of HTML is 5.
Java script: Most common scripting languages for web pages. High level, just-in-time compiled programming language.
Cross browser functionality: Web application that can be worked seamlessly in different browsers. ( In layman words the web application should be developed in a way where it can work in all web browsers)
REST API :An API is an application programming interface. It is a set of rules that allow programs to talk to each other. The developer creates the API on the server and allows the client to talk to it.
REST – Representational state transfer is a software architecture that defines the rules that developers should follow while developing a web page. For example : When you click on the URL in a browser – you should be able to get the response. This is a rule. REST defines how API looks like. Each URL is called a request while the data sent back to you is called a response.REST APIs facilitate client-server communications and architectures.
SOAP – It is a protocol just like http. Soap uses XML so, candidate must be familiar with XML parsing.
RESTful web services: Restful web services are REST architecture based web services.They are very scalable and are used to develop REST APIs.
Difference between API and Web service: An API is an application interface which exposes data over the internet web pages. where as web services are data exchange systems that use the internet to communicate with one application to another application
In layman language : API helps in communicating with Application to Application. Web service is a carrier that helps in data exchange between machine to machine ( client to server/server to server).
ASP_NET is a technology which is used for both Front-end & Back-end development in the software industry.
ASP_NET provides a large set of controls with .NET framework for Front-end of any Web App or Website.(like, GridView, Repeater, DataList, DropDown control…etc)
UI Frameworks: An essential supporting structure to build an user interface.Examples Angular,React, Vue, Ruby on rails etc.,
Understanding WEB/ UI designer and Front -End developer: The major difference between UI designer and Front-end developer.
UI designer works with wireframe graphics – visual assets – User Interface Elements, such as
- Input Controls: checkboxes, radio buttons, dropdown lists, list boxes, buttons, toggles, text fields, date field
- Navigational Components: breadcrumb, slider, search field, pagination, slider, tags, icons
- Informational Components: tooltips, icons, progress bar, notifications, message boxes, modal windows
They don’t know how to implement them in code.